Drop-in and Support Services
The Prince George New Hope Society provides low barrier drop-in and support services for marginalized women and survival sex workers (including those who identify as sexually exploited or sex trafficked) in Prince George, British Columbia (BC).
At the drop-in centre, members can access:
- Consistent access to food. Breakfast, hot lunch, snacks and beverages are served every day.
- Access to couches, blankets, and pillows for sleeping throughout the day.
- Access to harm reduction materials and information.
- Access to Naloxone/Narcan kits, and overdose response information.
- Access to “sex worker safety kits”.
- Access to a bathroom and personal hygiene materials.
- Access to a free clothing room, with shoes, socks, underwear, hats and gloves, and jackets available at all times.
- Access to lockers for personal storage.
- Access to a drop-in health clinic with a Nurse Practitioner every Wednesday from 1-4:30 pm.
- Information boards to share bad date reports, and missing women reports.
- Referrals to relevant community services including but not limited to: detox and addictions treatment, healthcare services, shelters and housing support, counselling services, RCMP Victim Services, HIV and Hepatitis C testing, treatment and support.
Workshops and Programs
We also offer a wide range of workshops and programs, focusing on a variety of different topics. These workshops are always developed and delivered in collaboration with our members, and most include art-based activities. Some of the topics that these workshops have focused on include:
- Healing and empowerment
- Grief and loss
- Safety for sex workers, Bad Date/Aggressor strategies and reporting
- Overdose response training
- Harm reduction strategies
- Information around human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
For more information on current programming, including days and times of workshops, feel free to call or email.