Drop-in and Support Services
The Prince George New Hope Society provides low barrier drop-in and support services for marginalized women and sex workers in Prince George.
At the drop-in centre, members can access:
- -Consistent access to food. Breakfast, hot lunch, snacks and beverages are served every day.
- -Access to couches, blankets, and pillows for sleeping throughout the day.
- -Access to harm reduction materials and information.
- -Access to Naloxone/Narcan kits, and overdose response information.
- -Access to “sex worker safety kits”.
- -Access to a bathroom and personal hygiene materials.
- -Access to a free clothing room, with shoes, socks, underwear, hats and gloves, and jackets available at all times.
- -Access to lockers for personal storage.
- -Access to a drop-in health clinic with a Nurse Practitioner every Wednesday from 1:30 – 4:30 pm.
- -Information boards to share bad date reports, and missing women reports.
- -Referrals to relevant community services including but not limited to: detox and addictions treatment, healthcare services, shelters and housing support, counselling services, RCMP Victim Services, HIV and Hepatitis C testing, treatment and support.
Drop-in Wellbriety Meetings our held every Tuesday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Wellbriety is a 12-step addictions recovery program informed by Indigenous teachings. For more information on the Wellbriety program, please call New Hope or visit the Wellbriety website.
New Hope Health Clinic
New Hope offers a drop-in health clinic with a Nurse Practitioner every Wednesday afternoon from 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm.
Workshops and Programs
We also offer a wide range of workshops and programs, focusing on a variety of different topics. These workshops are always developed and delivered in collaboration with our members, and most include art-based activities. Some of the topics that these workshops have focused on include:
- -Healing and empowerment
- -Grief and loss
- -Safety for sex workers, Bad Date/Aggressor strategies and reporting
- -Overdose response training
- -Harm reduction strategies
- -Information around human trafficking and sexual exploitation
For more information on current programming, including days and times of workshops, feel free to call or email New Hope.